Improving your curb appeal is one of the most important upgrades you can make before selling your home. Besides attracting buyers to your online listing, great curb appeal will give the impression that your home is well-maintained and cared for. As a result, investing in a few curb appeal upgrades may help you sell your home faster and for a higher price! Here are some quick tips to get your home exterior in shape for a sale.
Do Some Painting
A fresh coat of paint can turn a drab and dingy home exterior into a beautiful work of art!
- Find out how much it costs to paint your home exterior.
- If you’re trying to save money or time, just paint your exterior trim.
Fix Up Your Front Yard
Patchy grass, cracked sidewalks, and broken fence posts do not give off the best impression of your home—or how well it’s been maintained over the years.
- Repair bald spots on your lawn by planting new grass.
- Edge your lawn to make it look sleek and clean.
- If your yard is looking sparse and empty, plant some flowers or ornamental grasses.
- Prune overgrown shrubs and gangly tree branches.
- Pressure wash your driveway and sidewalks to remove moss and mildew.
Improving your curb appeal is only one part of preparing your home for sale. The following tips will get you started on the next steps.
- Don’t forget to make a few upgrades to your home interior as well!
- Have great pictures taken of your home—inside and out—for your online listing.
- Check out other real estate listings in your area to understand what homebuyers are looking for.
- When you’re ready to sell, work with The Alfriend Group to come up with the best listing price for your home.
If you’re planning on putting your home on the market, make sure your home exterior is ready to wow those buyers. Outdoor upgrades are generally affordable and easy to do on your own. Plus, improving your curb appeal is a great excuse to get your toolkit out and spend some time in the sun!